Tue. Oct. 12, 2021 12:44 pm
Racers & Parents 2021/2022 (56 subscribers)
Slalom & Giant Slalom Race Skis
Hello Everyone … For those looking for new and/or used slalom and/or giant slalom race skis, here are some thoughts.
New race gear is extremely limited this season. While many shops are taking orders for new race skis, they may not be able to deliver before our season starts. If you know what you are looking for, go online or make some calls and shop around. Always ask for a racer discount. One of my favorite shops online is Colorado Discount Skis in Colorado (NOT the same as the shop on 15). This is a great place to order with great pricing and fast reliable shipping – speak with Tom.
Ski swaps and SidelinesSwap.com are great sources for used race skis. Our Ski Swap is Saturday, November 13th!
If you are up in Vermont, check out Peak Performance in Killington or Starting Gate in Bondville.
Many ski shops sell used race skis on consignments.
Here is a listing of used race skis currently available:
- Nordica Doberman World Cup 150cm w/ Marker bindings $175 – SWSC
- Head iSL (non-fis) 155cm with evo plate no bindings $400 – BRAND NEW - SWSC
- Rossignol Slalom FIS 157cm w/ Look 12 SPX Bindings $250 - SWSC
- Fisher 165cm w/race plates no bindings $250 - SWSC
- Head iSL 168cm World Cup W/race plates no bindings $400 – NEW - SWSC
- Giant Slalom
- Fisher RC4 World Cup GS 188cm with bindings $175 - SWSC
- Rossignol Hero Athlete 175cm 24 radius w/Look 12 SPX bindings $350 - SWSC
- Head I.GS RD 176cm wcr plate no bindings $400 - SWSC
- Rossignol Hero Athlete 185cm 27 radius w/bindings $400 – Londonderry VT
- Dynastar WC FIS 183cm 30 radius w/bindings $400 – Londonderry VT
- Nordica Doberman 182 with Dynastar Bindings $100 – Dorset VT
- Fischer RC4 193cm with plates no bindings $100 - SWSC
- Atomic Redster 193cm 30radius with bindings $400 - SWSC
If you are interested in purchasing any of these skis, let me know and I will put you in touch with the sellers if they are still available. If you have any questions regarding sizes, radius, edge angles, din ranges, please let me know. Too often local ski shops will sell you what they have and not what is best for you, so feel free to run it by me. I am here to make sure you are in the right equipment to make you perform at your best.
If you are renting slalom skis, carefully inspect the edges and bases of your skis. Over the past year or two, I have seen rental race skis with badly damaged bases that should no longer be rented.
For more info on race gear, view the Equipment Guide on our website.
- Health Forms Are Due - Thu. Oct. 14th
- Registration Meeting - Mon. Oct. 25th at 7pm
- Annual Ski Swap - Sat. Nov. 13th