Immediately following the Race of Champions, NJISRA will choose an "NJISRA State Team" to attend High School Regional's at Mittersill Ski area in New Hampshire. The top 12 NJISRA men and the top 12 Women will be selected. Some racers are not able to attend, and we continue down the list until we fill 24 spots. These 24 racers will be selected as follows:
- All NJISRA 2020 League “run” points are added together. The 2 lowest scores are dropped (NJISRA takes the top 10 scores from 12 possible league runs) This score gets multiplied by 10%, and then added to the points earned in the ROC. The ROC shall be broken up into 4 separate runs which athletes can earn points. 2 runs of giant slalom and 2 runs of slalom. The Men’s runs in ROC will be scored on a 20-1 basis with 20th place earning 1 point and first place earning 20 points. The Women’s runs in ROC will be scored on a 15-1 basis with 15th place earning 1 point and first place earning 15 points.
- Interpretation: Take the athletes best 10 runs from league races and multiply by 10%. Add that number to the points earned in the 4 runs of ROC.
The NJISRA State team for regionals will be announced after the Race of Champions, and then the athletes will receive an email invitation later that afternoon. Racers and parents, who do not register immediately within 24 hours, will forfeit their invitation. Registration for HS Regional's this year will take place via an online registration site which will be emailed to the qualifying racers after race of Champions. This registration site will allow the racers to pay for the Race entry, Coaches fee, purchase sweatshirts (if available), and pay for the Friday evening Pizza Party.
The Team hotel will be The Holiday inn at 21 Railroad St, Lincoln, NH 03251. (603) 745-6700. NJISRA has only booked a block of 10 rooms. – Mention “NJ Ski Racing” when making the reservation.
This is where the Friday evening team pizza Party will take place. Since the event is only 1 week away from the ROC, the rooms are only being held until 9:00pm on 2/26/2020.
A great source for lodging can be found here: https://www.cannonmt.com/lodging/all-lodging-partners
The Eastern Regional Championship allows high school teams representing all states within the Eastern region, plus out of region guest teams, to compete against other state teams. This particular competition is open to all members of a state high school team who have qualified through state selection procedures. Team quota (state) is limited to twelve girls and twelve boys.
The Eastern Regional Championship will take place at Mittersill at Cannon Mountain in Franconia, NH. Entry Fee is $230 per racer. Non USSA Membership $100 plus $25 per day
- Friday - Slalom Men & Women - 2 runs 9:30am start
- Saturday - Giant Slalom Women - 2 runs 10:00am start
- Sunday - Giant Slalom Men - 2 runs 10:00am start
All racers must be USSA members, or purchase the short term membership to participate in this event. This is a USSA event so FIS legal helmets must be used for the GS, and all skis must be USSA compliant in order to race.
U.S. Ski and Snowboard Member: http://my.ussa.org/short-term-membership If the racer is not already a U.S. Ski and Snowboard member, they must complete the online "Short Term" membership registration and follow up with U.S. Ski and Snowboard to get racer's USSA #. Online registration for USSA athlete memberships is immediate. Cost is $25.00 per day. Racer's U.S. Ski and Snowboard # must be sent to Coach Godwin by noon on Monday March 2nd, 2020. The paperwork for temporary membership needs to be completed immediately.
Membership: This is key as there is a significant change in membership this year for athletes 18 years or older. These athletes must complete the US Ski & Snowboard Safe Sport Course and pass a background check. The background check is done by an independent agency and can take a couple of weeks if they are backed up. So please encourage any athlete that will be purchasing a Non-Scored athlete membership ($100.00) to do so sooner rather than later.
Ski Regulations guidelines: https://usskiandsnowboard.org/sites/default/files/files-resources/files/2018/2019_ALP_Equipment.pdf